1) M&As are challenging. The burnout rate is high
2) Most consultants are new to the process
3) Most are not well-mentored because of time scarcity in M&A
4) Experienced M&A experts move from deal to deal quickly
5) Companies claim the win of these experts even if they have already left
6) Real experts in M&A are hard to find
But incompetence is still frustrating to work with even though there may be valid reasons.
❌ sick of unnecessary mistakes made by inexperienced M&A consultants
❌ unhappy with over-paying for poor advice
❌ tired of an ineffective M&A playbook disguised as custom strategy
❌ frustrated with another non-performing yet expensive technological “fix”
❌ M&As which will a) COST MORE and b) TAKE LONGER to complete
❌ undelivered deliverables [period].
One key ingredient of our secret sauce is that we use well-qualified, seasoned professionals on your deal. We provide:
● M&A specialists who have at least 10 year’s expertise
● Have hands-on experience running an actual M&A successfully
● A ONE-TO-ONE mentorship program
● Even if you’re hiring from a large, reputable firm, a substantial part of your team is not experienced enough
● Most firms have their accounts handled by junior personnel
● There is no real guidance from the senior staff involved
● WHICH MEANS the average person on the ground with you has RELATED M&A experience
● But has ZERO experience running a large-scale M&A
● Or has only been involved in a VERY SMALL PART of said M&A
● Technological advances are rarely used to reduce costs in architecture, data analytics, infrastructure, etc.
● Smaller firms say they can do more for less
● BUT what they ACTUALLY mean is that they have done less for less
● That is, their deal sizes are in millions (NOT billions)
This is a crucial difference because:
● managing 5,000 end users is SO MUCH EASIER than 50,000 end users
● regional sites managed in a few cities is MUCH LESS WORK than managing several countries across dozens of cities and numerous sites
● these firms have not worked across different geographical cultures, languages, time zones and legal systems
● WHICH MEANS they are far more prone to making easily avoidable mistakes
● MISTAKES that could cost NOT ONLY time and money but YOUR reputation and goodwill
● People often hire professionals in the wrong field for M&A
● A digital transformation expert is not equipped to handle TNI in the M&A space
● Not all Program or Project Managers can deliver on an M&A
Most people think, “Person X did a great job in Digital Transformation. He/She should be able to handle that aspect of the M&A.”
Or “Person Y is a great Project Manager with the right credentials. He/she would be great at handling timelines in my M&A deal.”
● M&As require special skills that are honed with the help of mentors in THAT specific area of expertise
● M&As are an art and a science. There is no test/book/exam that will prepare a professional ADEQUATELY for the task
● Familiarity might feel like a safe, data-driven decision but BE WARNED.
Use the Munket™ Marinade, our secret sauce for the meatiest M&As. (It’s been successful 100% of the time on M&A deals worth tens of billions!)
Start skyrocketing shareholder value and keeping ace employees by using the Munket™ Marinade. Don’t wait to witness explosive growth in your organization through M&A.
• Avoid hiring people with inadequate experience for CRITICAL workforce operations
• Stop settling for less and COMPROMISING on Program Management plans
• SAY NO to seeing your corporate vision, goals and objectives unfulfilled
• Reject cookie-cutter M&A strategy and become “just another client”
• Tell them to experiment on SOMEONE ELSE’S portfolio, products and services
Stop wasting time courting AMATEURS for your COMPLEX, GLOBAL operations
The Harvard Business Review
We first go through MUNKET™ MARKET READINESS to ascertain if M&A strategy is the right choice for the business. Or, if we could recommend another strategy more suited for your needs.
All of this is to take stock of, “What's already in the larder?”
What is the M&A strategy best suited for deployment?
Is it diversification, consolidating market share or streamlining the business?
If the business is “market ready”, we help in Acquisition Strategy and advise on M&A Search and Target Screening.
Using MUNKET™ GUIDED DISASSEMBLY, Acquisition Planning and Valuation Analysis of the M&A process takes place.
This step decides what prep work needs to be done before the M&A takes place.
What business goals or vision need to go into the deep freezer to avoid overwhelm?
When does it need to be reintroduced?
What can be worked on immediately?
What corporate goal or vision needs to be cut down into bite-sized chunks?
In MUNKET™ GUIDED ASSEMBLY Phase 1, advisory on Negotiations and active involvement in Due Diligence takes place.
How do we negotiate for higher nutritional value within the M&A?
How do we perform quality checks on nutritional value with Due Diligence?
Through cutting-edge technology and intelligence capabilities. Through advanced mapping and data technologies.
Backed by information and data, post-merger integration planning and implementation accuracy improves massively in STEPS 5 and 6.
The MUNKET™ GUIDED ASSEMBLY phase 2 comprises of Purchase and Sales Contracts and Financing Strategy for Acquisition in the M&A process.
We can help with the technology and infrastructure (TNI) advisory in this step.
What strategies do I employ to ensure a steady supply of this TNI key ingredient, at a fair price?
This brings us to the closing & post-Merger planning where we play a very active role.
Eg: Is your M&A ESG compliant?
Cooking up your M&A is both an art and a science. How your well-cooked M&A is enjoyed is also dependent on the ambiance.
Similarly, the Day 1 Plan and the Operational Plan after the close of the merger are vital.
C-suite, senior leadership vision, and employee support for the M&A hinges on this first impression.
Would your shareholders and stakeholders feel comfortable with this?
Does this set the right mood for integration?
Is the Operational Plan well-positioned?
Or does it cause one to stretch too far to achieve corporate goals and visions?
During this final step, the Integration Phase and the Training determine the all-important taste of the M&A meal.
During this step, think about your guests' (employees, clients, or shareholders, etc) M&A, fine dining experience.
How can the food be made tastier through the feedback you are getting?
Is the integration coming along smoothly?
What company culture or identity issues need to be addressed?
Is there sufficient training for staff that are affected by the M&A?
Can training be improved?